How to make a payment?
Please be aware that delinquent fees and shutoffs for non-payment are currently suspended until further notice.
The City of Banning is committed to working with households and businesses as they stabilize and recover from the COVID19 related crisis. We will continue to monitor and reevaluate as this situation evolves, to better determine when the suspension of utility disconnection due to non-payment will end. We encourage customers to pay as much as they can and as often as possible to avoid having large past due balances. For customers who need a payment extension and/or a payment arrangement, please call (951)922-3185 Monday through Friday from 8: 00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for more information.
City Hall is now open for over-the-counter payments; however, face coverings are required to enter the building. All customers are expected to comply with the social distancing guidelines set in place. As we move forward in the current situation, we strongly encourage customers to use one of our alternative payment methods:
- Online – Customers can make a “one-time payment” using a Visa or MasterCard.
CLICK HERE TO PAY ONLINE
- Drop box – Located in the Police Department parking lot, customers can use a personal check, cashier’s check, or money order (made out to City of Banning) to make payment. Please ensure either form of payment lists the account holder’s name and/or address.
- By mail – mail to City of Banning, PO Box 985, Banning, CA 92220. Customers can use a personal check, cashier’s check, or money order (made out to City of Banning) to make payment.
Using these alternative payment methods will help minimize the exposure and potential spread ofCOVID19.
How to establish new service?
Customers who want to establish new electric, water, sewer, and trash services will have to schedule an appointment. Please call Customer Service at (951) 922-3185 for more information. New customers may also enquire about alternative ways to establish service without having to come into City Hall in person. Please note, all new services require the following:
- A new service request form (filled out and signed) CLICK HERE
- Proof of ownership/rights to the property
- i.e. Estimated/final closing statement, closing disclosure, grant deed, or rental agreement
- Copy of ID’s (Required for all parties listed on application who are 18 years or older)
- Service deposits (Amount due will vary)
- Service/processing fees (Amount due will vary based on service(s) being requested and what day the service is to be on)
For more detailed information on new service requests, please call Customer Service at (951) 922-3185. We are available to help you Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.