The City of Banning is committed to working with households and businesses as they stabilize and recover from the COVID19 related crisis. For customers who need a payment extension and/or a payment arrangement, please call (951)922-3185 Monday through Friday from 8: 00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for more information.
City Hall is now open for over-the-counter payments; As we move forward in the current situation, we strongly encourage customers to use one of our alternative payment methods:
- Drop box – Located in the Police Department parking lot, customers can use a personal check, cashier’s check, or money order (made out to City of Banning) to make payment. Please ensure either form of payment lists the account holder’s name and/or address.
- By mail – mail to City of Banning, PO Box 985, Banning, CA 92220. Customers can use a personal check, cashier’s check, or money order (made out to City of Banning) to make payment.
Using these alternative payment methods will help minimize the exposure and potential spread ofCOVID19.
How to establish new service?
New residents or commercial customers who want to establish new electric, water and sewer services will need to come into City Hall located at 99 E. Ramsey Street, Banning, between the hours of 8:00 AM to 3:00PM – Monday thru Friday, to set up service for the NEXT BUSINESS DAY. If services are needed the same business day, completed applications and deposit and fee amounts MUST BE RECEIVED by Utility Billing staff no later than 1:00PM.
- A new service request form (filled out and signed) CLICK HERE
- Proof of ownership/rights to the property
- i.e. Estimated Closing (must be within 72 hours), Final Closing Statement, Closing Disclosure, Grant Deed, Rental/Lease Agreement (can not pre-dated and must before current 12-month period).
- Copy of ID’s (Required for all parties listed on application who are 18 years or older)
- Service deposits (Amount due will vary)
- Service/processing fees (Amount due will vary based on service(s) being requested and what day the service is to be on)
For more detailed information on new service requests, please call Customer Service at (951) 922-3185. We are available to help you Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.