The City Clerk's Office is the custodian of all official City records, maintaining the City's retention schedule and overseeing each department's records
City of Banning Public Records Portal
Many of the City's public records are available through the Laserfiche Public Records Portal feature. Visit the Portal to find a variety of records available to the public 24/7. You may browse records by category, or use the search function at the top of the page to word-search the content of these records.
Find a mistake? Feel free to send any comments to CityClerks@banningca.gov
Public Records Requests
Public Records Requests are handled in accordance with The Public Records Act (Government Code § 6250 et seq.).
All previous records requests and corresponding documents produced by the City are available in the NextRequest Public Records Request portal. Please check past requests before submitting a new request to see if your request has already been completed.
Tips for submitting a public records request:
- Did you include an Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN) number or address? Please make sure all the information we need to conduct the search is provided to prevent delays in processing.
- Be as specific as possible in describing your request. Broad requests will produce many more documents and therefore take longer to process.
- Do you only need records from a certain time period? Let us know in the body of the request.
Some commonly requested records not held by the City:
- Birth, Marriage, and Death Certificates as well as Property Records such as deeds and easements can be obtained from the Riverside County Assessor-Clerk-Recorder’s Office at 951-955-6200.
- Fire and Hazardous Materials records must be requested from CalFire Records.
- Natural Gas records must be requested from SoCalGas at 877-238-0092.
- Building records not held by the City may be in the possession of Riverside County Building & Safety Department at 951-955-2017.
NOTE: The City of Banning's Electric Utility does not release substructure maps as a matter of security. Please contact the Electric Utility office at 951-922-3260 to schedule a time to review the records you require.