What We Do
In the City of Banning land use policies, standards, and regulations are designed to help ensure the health, safety, and welfare of its citizens, while protecting the rights and privileges of property owners.
The Banning Community Development Department is responsible for guiding the physical growth and development of the City.
This is achieved by first establishing the City’s growth and development doctrine as stated in its General Plan and corresponding implementation documents that include the zoning code, specific plans and various other ordinances, resolutions and technical studies; guiding public and private development projects; administering the development and building permit process, including the application of building codes; the design and construction of public improvements; inspecting all construction projects and enforcing the City's codes as they relate to the physical environment.
Banning is a vibrant, growing community of about 29,000 residents; poised for retail, commercial and residential growth.
Contact InformationCity of Banning
Community Development Department
P.O. Box 998
99 E. Ramsey Street
Banning, CA 92220
Phone: (951) 922-3125
- Building and Safety
- Planning Commission Members
- Planning Commission Agenda
General Plan and Zoning Map
Aerial Map of the City
- Table of Contents
- Chapter I - Banning Vision Statement
- Chapter II - Introduction and Administration
- Chapter III - Community Development
- Chapter IV - Environmental Resources
- Chapter V - Environmental Hazards
- Chaper VI - Public Services and Facilities
- Chapter VII - Glossary of Terms & Acronyms
Municipal Code (refer to Title 17 for Zoning regulations)